Planning and Community Development guides the planning, land development, building, and permitting services within the city. Additionally, the offices of Historic Preservation, Main Street, and Code Enforcement are overseen by the Director of Planning and Community Development.
Every development project must:
- Have the proper ZONING for the intended use
- Be on a properly PLATTED lot;
- Have a valid SITE PERMIT and/or BUILDING PERMIT
- Be INSPECTED during construction, and
- Receive a CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY.
Please visit the Planning, Platting, and Zoning and the Building Department links below to find more information about building and development in the CIty of Paris.
Learn more about The Development Process.