- Public Library
For reference assistance please email Jerry Jarrell.
The Library has a selected collection of local history including books and newspaper clippings.
The Library offers a reserve request system to facilitate circulating bestsellers and popular titles. Patrons may reserve and checkout circulating items for a period of one week.
In order to place a reserve:
- Patrons may obtain and fill out a reserve request card at the circulation desk (patrons may also call by telephone and request a title)
- Patrons will be called and informed when the item is in
- Reserves are held on our shelf for a period of three days
- Items not picked up within the three-day time period will be cancelled
This service enables Paris Public Library patrons to borrow materials from participating libraries nationwide.
Gallery Meeting Room
Library Gallery Occupancy – 50 people
- USE — When not needed for library purposes or official city business, the Gallery, at the Paris Public Library, is available free of charge during regular hours to nonprofit groups planning public presentations of an educational, cultural or civic nature, including but not limited to lectures, films, presentations and debates.
- Due to limitations in maintenance funding and staff and to provide the most appropriate use of library space, club meetings; commercial activities; private parties; individual presentations and other similar events more suitable for facilities such as the city’s neighborhood community centers, other parks and recreation sites or commercially available meeting locations, will not be booked for the meeting spaces. A club meeting consisting primarily of a public presentation that will be of interest to the general public will, however, be allowed. Any other use may be considered on an individual basis by the City Librarian in consultation with the Library Advisory Board and Assistant City Manager.
- The booking group may not enter the meeting spaces for setup before the Library is open to the public, and programs must conclude (including takedown) 15 minutes before the Library closes. Any group causing the staff to remain late will be billed for the salaries of all staff needed to stay. Any repeat occurrence will result in the group being banned from the use of the meeting spaces.
- ADMISSION — No admission fees may be made for any programs presented in the meeting spaces.
- RESERVATIONS — The meeting spaces will be booked for qualified programs on a first-come, first-served basis at least two weeks but no more than eight weeks in advance. In any case, library or city needs will take precedence over all reservations. Anyone reserving the room must have a form submitted and approved in advance.
- PROGRAM DESCRIPTION — All groups booking the meeting spaces must submit a description of their proposed program in sufficient detail to allow the Library to ascertain the nature of the program.
- AGREEMENT — A standard form must be submitted by a responsible party, 18 years of age or older, before a reservation can be completed. In submitting this form, organizations using the meeting spaces agree to be fully responsible for any damage to the room or its contents. Charges will be billed for any damage based upon actual repair or replacement costs.
- SETUP AND CLEANING — Each group booking the meeting spaces is responsible for their own setup of tables and chairs and for leaving the meeting space as clean as possible after use.
- EQUIPMENT — Wi-Fi is available in the meeting spaces (PPL_WiFi). Groups must provide their own laptops and HDMI cord. Groups must inform staff before leaving to turn off equipment.
- REFRESHMENTS — Only nonalcoholic beverages and light refreshments such as cookies and finger foods may be served in the Gallery. Ordinarily, the reserving group provides disposable cups and utensils. The reserving group is also responsible for leaving the kitchen in a clean condition after use, including food from the fridge. If there is a lot of trash, the group must inform Library staff.
- SMOKING — All groups using the meeting spaces must enforce the city’s non-smoking ordinance covering the library. Smoking is not permitted in the meeting spaces, restrooms, or anywhere in the building.
- AUTHORITY — The decision of the City Librarian concerning the conditions of use of the meeting spaces with respect to these rules will be final.
To make a reservation online Click Here..
Other General Services
- Best sellers
- Curbside return bin
- Large print books
- Magazines and newspapers
- Public copier
- Tax forms
- Telephone renewals