Engineering, Planning & Development
The Engineering, Planning and Development Department assists citizens and the development community through all stages of development, including planning, zoning, plan review, permitting, construction inspection, building inspection, and final acceptance. The department also maintains the city's GIS database and mapping.
We are here to support growth in the community and to ensure that both public and private infrastructure is constructed, altered or maintained to the standard for quality of life and safety in the City of Paris.
- Enforcement of zoning and subdivision regulations
- Plan review and construction inspection
- Contractor registration and licensing
- Enforcement of the building and fire safety codes
- Permitting for construction, renovation, electrical, plumbing, irrigation, HVAC, certificate of occupancy and signs
- Staff liaison to appointed boards, commissions and committees to ensure development-related issues are resolved in an expedient and professional manner
- Management of infrastructure improvement projects such as water lines, sanitary sewers, streets, and storm drains
- Coordination with TxDOT to provide a safe, convenient and efficient transportation system
- Assign 911 addresses inside the city limits of Paris, Texas
Development Process Flowchart
There are multiple stages to project development. View the Process Flowchart (PDF).
Current Adopted Codes
- 2015 International Building Code
- 2015 International Existing Building Code
- 2015 International Residential Code
- 2015 International Plumbing Code
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Fire Code
- 2015 International Energy Code
- 2014 National Electrical Code
- Local 2015 ICC Code Amendments (PDF)